Making the decision to gift your family with a pool is a celebratory event filled with excitement, satisfaction and many significant questions. These inquiries include selecting the right type of water for your tranquil abode. Will it be the powerful bacteria eliminating agent of Chlorine Pools or the low maintenance nature of Saltwater Pools?
California Pools can help with both options. Our talented crew of professionals will consult with you on making the appropriate arrangements. And for those wanting to do a little research, we’ve created a comprehensive list of benefits for both options.
Chlorinated Pools are known to be the most popular choice among pool owners, due to its ability to dispose of harmful bacteria. These pools have stood the test of time and will provide you with confidence and reassurance.
Benefits of Chlorinated Pools
- Chemicals associated with chlorine breakdown bacteria instantly.
- These same chemicals remain in the water and continue to fight against additional bacteria.
- When maintained well, Chlorine will keep your pool crisp, clear and clean at all times.
- The chlorine and filter system is basic and straightforward, making it easy to operate.
- There’s no deterioration or rust to your stonework or delicate finishes, as found in saltwater pools.
- If your chlorine level is too high, its natural surroundings (mother nature, swimmers, etc) will lower those levels for you. Meaning, you do nothing!
Saltwater pools are the answer for many owners, as they contribute a supply of natural chlorine. With the use of a generator, chlorine gas is released from the salt into the water, making all “chemicals” organic. The eco-friendly nature is what draws and retains most customers.
Benefits of Saltwater Pools
- Saltwater pools are eco-friendly, all natural and non-toxic.
- There’s no need to add chlorine to your pool.
- There’s no potent smell that’s often caused by chlorinated pools.
- The salt content in saltwater pools is much lower than that found in the Ocean.
- Saltwater pools will leave their bathers feeling silky and soft.
- Saltwater pools don’t need added chemicals ever year, making them less expensive than chlorinated pools.
It’s important to monitor your pool and provide maintenance when necessary. The ultimate contributor to a health and safe nature is the owner. And at the end of the day, California Pools wants what’s best for its customers. Contact one of our pool and spa consultants to discuss the benefits of each type of pool in more detail, we’re happy to help.