Try something new and tasty on the grill Grill something sweet the whole family will love with this chocolate, hazelnut and banana dessert pizza recipe from www.goodhousekeeping.com – And it only takes three ingredients that the kids are sure to love. INGREDIENTS
1 pound fresh pizza dough ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread like Nutella 2 bananas, sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered, direct grilling on medium-low.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. On one end of oiled cookie sheet, with fingertips, spread and flatten 1 piece of dough to about 1/8-inch thickness. (Edge does not need to be even.) On same cookie sheet, repeat with another piece of dough. Repeat with a second oiled cookie sheet and remaining dough.
- Place all 4 pieces of dough, oiled side down, on hot grill grate. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks appear on underside (dough will stiffen and puff).
- With tongs, turn crusts over, remove from grill, and place, grilled side up, on work surface. Divide chocolate-hazelnut spread among crusts; spread evenly, leaving 1/2-inch border, and return to hot grill grate. Cover grill and cook pizzas 3 to 4 minutes longer or until undersides are evenly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to cutting board; arrange banana slices on tops of pizzas. Makes 8 servings.
Tips & Techniques
Recipe Tip: Look for fresh pizza dough in the dairy section of your supermarket, usually sold near the tortillas. (Frozen pizza dough is also available, but it takes several hours to thaw before it can be used.) Or you can purchase dough from a local pizzeria; they’ll usually sell it to you in 1-pound balls if you ask.